New Anthony Hopkins film to premiere as NFT

One of the heavyweights in film history comes to the NFT world. Actor Anthony Hopkins ‘ new film, titled Zero Contact, will be released in this collectible format.

The film, produced by Enderby Entertainment, will be released on the NFT VUELLE platform, belonging to the production company and CurrencyWorksexplained the latter through a press release published on Wednesday, July 7.

The company refers to FLY as “the first distribution and viewing platform to offer feature films and digital collectible entertainment content such as NFT direct to the consumer.”

In addition, they expose that users of their platform “will be able to become owners of exclusive limited edition films and collector’s NFT content that they can watch, collect, sell and exchange on”.

CurrencyWorks owns 51% of the ownership of VUELLE, while production company Enderby Entertainment has the remaining 49%. This shows a high interest of the entertainment company in the world of NFT.

Distribution will begin in August. Zero Contact will be distributed in VUELE in collectible token format, and it will include special material, in addition to the film, although those extra materials are yet to be defined.

Rick Dugdale, director of the film and producer at Enderby, said that the way of distribution of this film can guarantee a shortage of copies. Therefore, the” protects against piracy, ” added Dugdale, interviewed by Deadline.

In the same interview, the producer said that everything has been out of the ordinary with Zero Contact. The film was shot in the midst of a pandemic, in 17 countries and under conditions that Dugdale defined as uncommon.

Everything in this film is unconventional, from the way we shoot it with Zoom and remote production, to its distribution […] say ‘[VUELE] it could be a new platform, let’s take a chance and do it with our own film.”

Rick Dugdale, director and producer of Enderby.

Zero Contact poster.
Zero Contact it will be distributed as NFT on FLY. Source:

NFT sale exceeds $ 2.5 billion this year

NFT trading has revolutionized the cryptocurrency industry in recent months. From this moment that digital collectibles live in blockchains stake the diversity of actors who have entered this world. From sports to video games, through the most traditional art, there are many areas that gain presence in the NFT markets.

In addition, trade volumes are rising more and more. As Crypto News reported earlier this week, during the first half of 2021 more than $ 2.5 billion moved in NFT.

The figure represents a remarkable growth, with only about $ 13.5 million sold during the first half of the previous year. The second half of 2020, there was an increase to 80 million dollars, still well below current volumes.

Recent Articles

Related Stories