The hard-to-resist holiday sales have officially arrived, with many headphones and earbuds from the biggest tech brands discounted to their lowest prices ever for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. And as you can remain available over the weekend in between the frenzied shopping days. If you’ve been holding off for the best possible savings on something from Apple, Sony, Samsung, Google, and other brands, you’re likely not going to do better than these Black Friday 2023 offers.
I’m not expecting any major new products from the biggest headphone makers anytime soon, so you don’t need to worry about buyer’s remorse should you decide to jump on any of the deals below. Heading into the colder months, it’s always worth factoring in that headphones can double as earmuffs on a morning commute. But at the same time, it’s hard to beat the flexibility and compact form factor of the latest earbuds. Who says you need to pick one or the other?
The best earbud deals under $100
- If you’re someone who doesn’t like the feel of in-ear earbuds, Amazon’s latest Echo Buds are worth a look, and they’re currently on sale for a very low $34.99. The “semi in-ear” fit means your ears won’t have that plugged-up sensation, and you’ll be able to maintain awareness of all that’s happening around you.
- Google’s Pixel Buds A-Series earbuds are down to $59 from their usual price of $100. If you want a simple, dependable pair of earbuds for an Android phone, it’s hard to go wrong with these — even if they lack active noise cancellation and other features of the pricier Pixel Buds Pro. Read our review.
- Apple’s third-gen AirPods are on sale for $139.99 ($30 off) at Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy with a Lightning-only charging case, which matches their all-time low. You can also buy the buds from Costco with a MagSafe charging case for the same price if you’re a member. Compared to their predecessor, the third-gen earbuds sound better, feature an IPX4 water resistance rating, and offer shorter stems. Read our review.
- Apple’s AirPods Max are back down to $449.99 ($100 off) at Amazon and Best Buy, which remains their second-best price to date. They don’t have all the same new software features as the AirPods Pro, but they’re luxurious, sound great, and you can’t beat Apple’s transparency mode. Read our review.
- You can buy Sony’s last-gen WH-1000XM4s at Amazon, Best Buy, and Target for around $248 ($100 off), which is one of their best prices to date. The newer XM5s boast better sound and noise cancellation, but the WH-1000XM4s still sound terrific and drown out noise remarkably well. They’re also easier to carry around while traveling since you can fold them down when it’s time to stow them. Read our review.
- Bose’s Noise Canceling Headphones 700 have been replaced by the recent QuietComfort Ultra Headphones, but there’s still plenty to like about the last-gen pair — comfort, excellent voice call quality, and more — especially at a discounted price of $259. Read our review.
Feeling a little overwhelmed on what deals to pounce on? Need some tech buying advice? Our Verge Deals team is here for your retail therapy, and we’ll be answering your burning shopping questions for Cyber Monday live on November 27th at 11AM ET. Leave a question here.
Update November 25th, 1:30PM ET: Vetted existing deals, adjusted pricing as necessary.